If you want to stay more up-to-date with me, follow my tumblr!
-Please send information to Rainydaysmileart@gmail.com
-I only draw humanoid characters. No smut or excessive gore.
-Simple Backgrounds only (single color, gradient, simple pattern)
-I prefer to have visual references, but they aren’t necessary.
-I accept payments through Paypal only. I will send an invoice before sending the full resolution, un-watermarked picture.
-If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask!
Anyway. 2014 wasn't a good year for my art. At the end of the year, however, I got sucked into the world of Dragon Age, which has rekindled my desire to draw through fan art. So I've been drawing pretty consistently for the past month, give-or-take. Let's see if I can actually keep this up, though.
I hope all you lovely people are having an excellent 2015 so far!
But, anyway, sorry for not doing much, and expect to see more stuff soon!
First of all, I want to say that I had a fantastic time in Germany and I got to see a whole bunch of amazing and wonderful and awe-inspiring things. I have been back in the states for ~a month now, and have been spending a lot of time cleaning/organizing my new apartment (and I'm finally almost done!).
Now, I'm not sure where it came from, but I've been hit by a burst of motivation to start actively working on my art more, and work more on getting my name out there. I'm working on getting my life more organized and also on time management. I'm really hoping I can keep this flame going, and push through and become the artist I want to be.
I am taking requests to help with practicing and also to help with my time management. If you'd like to request, check out my journal here: fav.me/d5laqmd!
I think that's about all I have to say for now. If you want to follow progress on my works, and see little sketches I do, check out my tumblr: rainy-day-smile.tumblr.com/
I probably won't be uploading many artworks for the next couple of months, but I plan on trying to keep up with daily sketches on my tumblr (which I haven't been able to keep up with with finals and moving and blah). I'd like to do at least one sketch a day about something I saw/did that day, so let's see how that works.
I take requests: rainydaysmiles.deviantart.com/… !
^Go go go!
If you want more updates from me, check out my tumblr! I post sketches and WIPs there. I'mma aim to upload at least one sketch a day to keep my art juices flowing. A lot of them I don't think will be finished enough for dA (although I may post dumps here from time-to-time). So yeah. Check that out!
Also, the last time I tried to use my tablet it was acting funny. Usually restarting my lap top fixes it, but it didn't, and I reinstalled drivers and it still wasn't working. I haven't tried in a while, but maybe I should soon.
HOWEVER I've been concentrating a lot on learning anatomy, using references, and I've been using FOERVRAENGD's "Learning Anatomy" tutorial set as a guide. I've been sketching these out in a sketchbook the last few weeks and maybe I'll create a dump of them before taking off across seas for most of the summer.
I have been working on my art more, so you WILL still be seeing stuff from me. I just don't know when.
UPDATE: It turns out that SAI was the one being wonky, not my tablet (which is a relief!). I've reinstalled SAI, and it's working again! Now I just need to re-make my brushes...
My second request is started but my tablet started acting fun and I don't feel like restarting my computer at the moment to fix it. I would like to get it finished tomorrow though. Hopefully.
Anyway, my requests re open, if anyone wants to request I do something. Information is in my previous journal: fav.me/d5laqmd
Hopefully I'm back for good this time.
I have a few guideline:
1. All requests will be done as a colored sketch. No complete paintings. An example of my colored sketch is:
2. I will only do humanoids. No animals.
3. Please link to a reference if possible. If you don't have one, please provide as detailed a description as possible.
4. I will have a maximum of 5 requests at a time (this may get bigger or smaller depending on how busy I am). Once I am completed with all 5, I will open up requests again. This will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you would like to make a request, please send me a note!
I'm going to try to get better. I'm not promising anything, but I really need to stop wasting my time. So after I post this, I'm shutting my lap top and busting out my sketchbook.
Also, I'm getting married in two weeks (ahhhh!) and getting all the last little things done for that has been stressful combined with my course load.
I have been sketching a bit in my sketchbooks over the last few weeks, may post a picture or two from those whenever I get around to scanning them.
But maybe soon I'll have time to actually get around to drawing more. Hopefully.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "You're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 10 people.
I don't feel like tagging people because SCREW THE RULES! I'm an adult! I do what I like!
1. I am a complete and utter failure at having normal conversations with people I don't because I'm quite painfully shy. Exceptions are the internet (yay anonymity!) and when I'm with friends.
2. During the summer when I don't have anything I'm required to do I'm a total slob. I rarely clean, I hate cooking for myself so I either don't eat or it's stuff like frozen pizza or ice cream or other frozen things, I don't do my dishes. I'm on the internet/playing games all day. I don't change out of my pajamas unless I have to go out in public. It's terrible! This is why I want school to start!
3. I volunteer at the Wildlife Care Clinic at my university and it's the most rewarding thing I've done in my life so far even though I spend the majority of my time cleaning bird poo off things and picking clover for the baby bunnies. Those are pretty much the only two things I really do there. But those times I get to feed baby squirrels or minks or bottle feed a fawn or assist in tube feeding a bald eagle or holding a red tailed hawk while a staff member shoves chopped up rat in its mouth.... it's amazing. And I love it. And I would be there all the time if I could.
4. I originally started off as a Graphics Design major. The university I attend has a fairly hardcore first year program for all first-year design students--they all take the same art classes and at the end of the year you put together a portfolio and apply to specific programs. I enjoyed the drawing class, but then we also had to take another class which was a more hodge podge of different things. The first project was a doorway made entirely out of cardboard. It was kind of interesting, but that class took up so much of my time, and I was stressed out like crazy and I lost a lot of weight and I was pretty miserable in it. On a whim one day, I just decided to change majors. I met someone I used to go to high school with at lunch one day and he's an Animal Ecology major and seemed to love it. I've always had a love for animals, so I decided to change to that. I honestly didn't give it a lot of thought. But I'm very happy with the change.
5. I'm getting married in just over two months and I'm obsessed with everything wedding-related. I watch Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix, I stalk people on facebook who are recently married, I look at all the wedding pictures I can find. I'm crazy excited!
Well, now that I've told you my life story..... onto the questions!
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I haven't ever been out of the states, sadly, but I think New Zealand would be an enchanting place to live. Also, when I was having a bad day, I used to joke to my boyfriend that we should just elope and live as sheep farmers in Czechoslovakia. Which I still think wouldn't be too bad of a life.
2. Water, pop, or lemonade?
Water is free (at least not for me; I don't pay a water bill with my apartment) and it's very good for you. But lemonade is a close second.
3. If you could only have one superpower, what would it be and why??
Argh, this is tough. I think I would have to go with flying. It seems awesome and a nice way to travel plus the view.
4. Medieval mace, nun-chucks, sword, or bare handed and why?
Sword because I dunno, I've always liked swords. In RPGs I always use swords. Or bows. Or a mix of the two.
5. Favorite color!!
Blue blue blue!
6. Movies or books?
Books! You can read them anywhere and they're a lot easier to come back to later than a movie is.
7. C4/|/ u r34d l33t?
/|/0 1 c4/|/ /|/0t
8. What is the worst experience you have ever had in a restaurant?
I haven't had too many bad experiences. I remember one time a looooong time ago at some restaurant we had to wait 30-45 minutes after deciding what to order to actually place our order. Our waitress forgot about us. We had to resort to creatively stacking our menus to try to get her attention.
9. Have you ever been seriously lost somewhere? Where and how did you get lost?
Hmmm. Not completely lost. One time we went to visit a friend in another state at college and there was a lot of construction and it was confusing and she wasn't very helpful at navigating us to her but we made it eventually.
10. A dinosaur, a leprechaun, a unicorn, and a ninja got into a fight, who do you think will win and why?
Well, it depends on the dinosaur, but they can get pretty darn big and they can just roll over and squish everything else fairly well. Although ninjas are fairly fast and could probably get away, but it would be hard to take down a giant dinosaur. So one of those two. But we all know that Mr. Rogers is the one that ultimately wins.
Not tagging because I'm a fun hater.
I guess the most I can do is keep working on things and hope something works out.
Be one of the first 19 people commenting on this journal entry, and I'll put your avatar and three deviations that I think are the coolest in this "Share the Art" feature. IMPORTANT: If you do comment, you're expected to do the same in your own journal; putting me on the first place! The idea behind this is NOT to get a free feature, but to help spread art and artists around for everyone. So be a nice guy!
Now for Updates:
My fiance has been visiting this past week so I haven't been drawing as much as I normally do (but that's okay because I get to spend time with him ), but I have lots of ideas for things floating around in my head! He's playing Final Fantasy right now so I have some drawing time.
I also have some ideas for some long-term projects, so hopefully I can get started on those here soon.
Expect some new posts soon!
Follow me if you want.
rainy-day-smile.tumblr.com/ rainy-day-smile.tumblr.com/ rainy-day-smile.tumblr.com/ rainy-day-smile.tumblr.com/
(Rainydaysmiles was taken... so I'm Rainy-day-smile... kinda annoying but it works I guess).
Drawing to me feels very freeing. My mind is clear, all stress and worry goes away and it's just me and my drawing (and music sometimes I guess). Nothing else really matters and time always passes way to quickly. Even though I didn't have a very good art teacher in high school I was always in some sort of art class. I loved them, too. I would zone everything out and it felt amazing.
I love this feeling of creating. Of making something that is mine and mine alone. Even when I color line arts that aren't mine, I'm still adding to something. I'm adding my own life to something someone else already put life into. And I just love it. All of it.
I've been spending a lot more time drawing lately (which is way I've been uploading a lot more work than I normally do) and I forgot how good it feels to just sit down and create things like this.
Just some random musings I guess.
But this is why I art.
Anyway, I didn't completely fail this semester, although that probably had something do to with the fact that I was actually going to class. The previous couple of semesters.... I got into the "If I just skip this once, it's not going to be a big deal," mentality, but of course it wasn't just once and yeah. BUT I'm doing better!
I'm taking summer classes and one of them starts up next week. I finally get to take animal ecology courses instead of just intro biology! I'm excited for that. Apparently a lot of people like taking this ecology course over the summer, so hopefully it's fun. I also have to take a "fundamentals of public speech class" but I'm not so excited for that because who likes talking in front of people? Urgh. But in the fall, I get to take an animal behavior class and I'm super duper excited for that. And I feel I'm just rambling now. Moving on.
I applied for an internship at my university's wildlife care clinic, and I find out tomorrow whether I get it or not and I really really really hope I do. I've volunteering there since February and I absolutely love it! And it confirmed the fact that I want to go into wildlife rehabilitation when I get out of college. It's nice to have a definite career choice finally.
As for my art, I definitely want to keep improving. And yes, I know, none of those requests I took are up, but everytime I sit down to draw them I just feel they turn out looking uck and I don't want to give someone uck. So I'm working on improving and hopefully I'll get them right eventually. >.<
So, if anyone has any suggestions for recording software that is either free or very cheap please let me know! I'm done fighting with CamStudio.